Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Outfits for Disney World

The first outfit is Little Mermaid. I have to say this is my favorite. I saw a similar top on Etsy and knew I wanted to use the style. I cut out shells and appliqued them on a piece of fabric. Then I ribbon for the straps.

For the back I sewed loops and then ran the ribbon through the loops to make a criss-cross effect. Kaylee's was a little big so the ribbon didn't look right. For the shorts I copied a pair they already had and added a panel with ruffles sewn across. I love the mermaid tail effect it made.

Here is the outfit they wore to Disney's Wild Kingdom. This is actually a short and top combo.

For the shorts I just took a pair of shorts I already had and copied them.

For the top I just made a rectangle with thin straps. The bottom is just strips of different fabric sewn together and gathered to fit the rectangle. Very easy!

Here is the bow I made to match the outfit. I just made a bow and put the animal print strips under. I also covered a button to put in the middle.

Thought I would show the back which was not finished. I was going to put a button to close the back up but ran out of time. It still fit and the girls didn't have an issue with the straps falling off. It was one of those things I knew I could skip if I ran out of time.

This was their "Tangled" outfit. This was based off the new Disney movie. This also is unfinished. I wanted to put lace around the bottom and top of the top but once again I ran out of time. For the shorts I once again used a pair of shorts I already had as a pattern.

The back is once again just loops sewn onto the fabric and I just threaded ribbon through to give it the criss-cross  look. Very easy!

Also wanted to show their hair-do for this outfit. I did the criss-cross effect in their hair as well.

Here is a close up of the front of the shirt. I just took ribbon and made a criss cross pattern on the pink fabric. Then I sewed the purple fabric on.

Here are the dresses the girls wore to meet the princesses. I wanted something that looked different than the store-bought dresses that every other girl had on. These dresses were also all thrifted fabric.

Kaylee's blue top was made from a skirt. Her yellow underskirt is a sheet. I didn't have to hem the yellow because I cut it out using the hem on the sheet. The white is a pillowcase. I also appliqued an apple on the apron. For the sleeves I just sewed on red ribbon.

Abby's dress was another story! Like Kaylee, her bottom is a thrifted yellow sheet and the apron is a pillowcase. Her blue top is from one of John's button up dress shirt that John no longer wears. I actually cut out her top from the same blue skirt as Kaylee's but I cut it wrong. I only had two days to finish this dress and I didn't have time to go buy fabric. I think it worked out beautifully.

Here is the back of the dress.

Here are the bows. This is the best picture I could get but I used red felt and made a bow just like Snow White. The girls loved them and so did Snow White!

2 comments: