Thursday, February 7, 2013

McCalls 5835




 So here is something I made for Abby recently. I didn't have enough fabric to make Kaylee a shirt too but I did have enough to make an outfit for each of the girl's American Girl dolls. I love that I now have something to use up those leftovers.




 Here is the pattern I used. I used the blue and red top at the bottom of the pattern. It was a fairly easy pattern.
Wanting to make a matching shirt for the girl's doll I used this pattern. I used the picture on the top right hand side and just eliminated the sleeves. It too had a u shaped neck. I really had a hard time attaching the neck to the shirt.
The outfits also needed shorts so I used this pattern for the shorts.
Here is what the final product looked like. I also made the headband to match.

I also made the sandals on their feet. Our dolls came with shoes but they don't fit. I saw something like this online and I just knew I could copy it. The girls love the shoes!
Here is one happy little girl! She is already asking what outfit I am making for them next!

No comments:

Post a Comment