Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Butterick 4783- Sleeping Beauty

Here is the pattern I used. I used the red plaid outfit as my guide. I was an easy pattern.
Here is the finished product. I wanted to add a white collar of some kind but just couldn't figure out how to do that.
 Here is the top. I added a V to the top and I used ric-rac. To the bottom of the top I added a sheer panel and then several triangular pieces that I had sewn ric-rac to the edges. With all that added material it really didn't lay right.
 The shorts were basic sorts that I added a ruffle to the bottom with the sheer material. I then put some ric-rac around the ruffle seam to hide some mistakes I had made. This was the first time I had worked with the satin and sheer material. I was a little slippery but once I got use to that it was pretty easy. I do have to say that I found this material on clearance so the whole outfit only cost $10 to make. The girls loved all the shine and sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment