Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Simplicity 2377- Snow White Swim Cover

 Here is the pattern I used for the swim cover. I used the plaid middle dress on the right. It has flutter sleeves with a bodice piece and a skirt. It would have been a really easy pattern if I used regular fabric but I used towels which made all the seams much thicker. My poor sewing machine struggled to sew through all that material.
 Here is what I got. I bought two $1 towels from Walmart for the yellow, one blue towel for $1 and two light blue hand towels for $.75. So the total for each swim cover was only $3.75. I serged all the edges after I cut out the pattern because this type of fabric sheds EVERYWHERE!!!! I also struggled to attach the skirt to the top so I sewed the skirt to a piece of elastic which caused the skirt to make the gathers. Then I just sewed the top on to the elastic.
For the yellow and red stripes I used some ribbon I already had and just sewed them on. I think this only took 3 days to finish. The girls loved having these to wear to the hotel pool. They got lots of compliments on how cute they were. The good thing about these is that they will be able to wear them next summer.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I love these little towel dresses you made. They are super cute! I would love to make one for my 2 girls. Did you make a larger size? My eldest is size 5, would you recommend a size 6 or 7? I imagine the thickness of the towel would make the sizing smaller? I would love to hear from you. Thanks, Jayne

    ReplyDelete