Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Simplicity 1627 and Butterick 5777- Brave

Here is the pattern I used. For the top I used the Simplicity pattern.
 For the shorts I used the Butterick 5777.
Here is the finished product. This pattern was a little harder. The top had a zipper under one arm. Of course I put one zipper in upside down.
 Here is the back of the pattern. While I love the back detail, I didn't like the ribbon I ended up using. I had a very hard time finding a gold ribbon and one I finally did find was very stiff which didn't look nice in the end.
 Here are the shorts. Once again they are basic shorts with a ruffle added to the bottom.
 Here is a close-up of the top. I added a lace panel to the front and sewed on some decorative ribbon. Once again this is material I had never worked with before but once I started it was pretty easy to get use to the movement. I did find a really good sale on this fabric and I made these outfits for only $9 a piece.
The only thing I didn't like about this outfit was that the green was really too dark. A lot of people asked who the girls were suppose to be. When we took our picture with the princess from the movie Brave her dress was a very light green. The girls loved the outfits and they were comfortable walking around in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment