Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Simplicity 5540- Jasmine

Here is the pattern I used. I used the shorts and the little top.
Here is the finished product. As you can tell the shirts were a little too short for my taste. The girls didn't actually wear these outfits. They didn't turn out the way I had envisioned.
 Here are the shorts. I originally cut the shorts a little longer to cover their knees. I had planned to put some elastic in them at the bottom to match Jasmine's poofy pants.  The girls hated having the shorts so tight around their legs. I cut that off and just made shorts.
 Here is the top. As you can see I really struggled with the ruffle around the bottom of the top. I couldn't get the corners to lay right. I kept sewing them up so finally I just gave up. It was a very disappointing outfit especially when I tried it on the girls and I could see their belly buttons. It is a cute outfit but not what I was going for. We decided to add it to their dress-up clothes.
Once again the fabric was on deep discount so I think I only spent $8 on this outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment